Product Development Services Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and managing cross functional, technology led and product focused teams such as test engineering resources and laboratories, NPI manufacturing and material planning.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as electrical, mechanical, systems, configuration management, and program management, etc to ensure resources, test equipment and laboratories are available and committed throughout NPI projects development cycle
- The role will require interface with external testing laboratories, suppliers, customers, and internal functional teams
- Develop NPI projects resourcing strategy, ensuring headcount and skillset are aligned to the NPI project demands
- Manage team budget, schedule, resource allocation and technical execution metrics across internal functional teams.
- Monitor and communicate project status, project issues, and significant developments as appropriate within and outside engineering organization
- Champion and use lean principles to create and update standard work for operational processes, and lead process improvement initiatives
- Working with GE EHS site focal, manage all aspects of EHS activities to ensure full compliance of the two GE NPI laboratories with local regulations and GE procedures
- Partner with global EHS team to manage the two GE NPI laboratories EHS compliance activities (inspections, training, monitoring, sampling, etc.)
- Collaborate with Supply Chain and other engineering teams to implement programs to include change management and drive a proactive and positive safety culture within the two laboratories
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university or college
- 2+ years of NPI product development, testing and qualification experience
- Experience managing in an Engineering organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 5 May 2022
Closes 3 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support