Senior Engineer - Next-Gen Sensors & Electronics
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Senior Engineer for Next-Generation Sensors & Electronics will be responsible for developing and deploying advanced sensors and measurement systems and integrating electronics, software, and data systems. You will work hands-on to develop measurement technologies to test advanced aircraft propulsion systems. You will lead integration efforts with engines and test sites to ensure successful operation of the sensor and data acquisition systems. You will create and execute technology development roadmaps for sensor and measurement systems as you drive the future of aircraft propulsion testing through the Smart Test Cell initiative.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively to design, procure, and evaluate sensors and measurement systems to acquire data on engine and component tests
- Develop and test sensor electronics, electrical systems, signal conditioning systems, and front-end data acquisition
- Create and execute roadmaps for sensor technology development and maturation
- Integrate advanced sensors with test data systems and/or engine control systems
- Execute laboratory and field validation testing and data acquisition
- Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization
- Use engineering judgment to solve complex problems in manufacturing, technology, and engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- At least 5 additional years of experience in an electrical or electronics engineering position
- Experience designing and integrating electronics, electrical systems, instrumentation, or sensors
- Experience in precision measurement systems, signal processing, analog-to-digital conversion, and front-end data acquisition
- Experience in the application and integration of instrumentation and sensors in engine and component testing
- Experience in developing and maturing state-of-the-art sensors or electronics
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to guide and influence others
- Successful experience working with multi-functional engineering teams to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated project management skills
- At least 8 additional years of experience in an electrical or electronics engineering position
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager