Site Lean Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Hooksett, New Hampshire, United States
The Lean Site Leader will demonstrate knowledge and execution of lean, six sigma and process improvement concepts, approaches and methodologies. You will work directly with the Site Leader and leadership staff in the development and implementation of lean strategies in identified areas (specifically, transformation programs in each business unit) for the Hooksett, NH facility.
Hooksett's three business units focus on delivering commercial & military components across tubing, sectors, and blisk segments. Hooksett is focused on lean transformation that includes respect for people and continuous improvement with a strong daily management system and problem-solving culture in place.
In this role, you will focus on projects / process improvement to ensure that products are manufactured with the appropriate safety, quality, delivery, cost (SQDC) hierarchy. In addition, the Lean Site Leader will:
- Drive lean manufacturing activities through the evolution of the GE production system at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate Leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for identified model business unit(s)/areas
- Utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short and some long-term goals
- Act as a change agent in the implementation of demand flow utilizing lean manufacturing tools and methodologies
- Establish and implement strategies, programs and practices to achieve lean business system adoption at the facility
- Manage the full implementation of the lean management system including strategy, value stream activities, daily management, and architecture/infrastructure.
- Manage multiple Lean Leaders (gemba coaches) and lean support team (lean generalists) to drive best practices in process design and implementation of the lean business system.
- Manage the sitewide training team and Training Operations Manager to ensure alignment with lean transformation efforts as well as training compliance. This includes curriculum development and delivery and audit readiness.
- Advise and coach site leadership and their teams on the lean business system.
- Assessing and addressing gaps through course development and delivery.
- Create, with site staff, the lean vision and implement the lean strategy to assist the operation in its lean transformation.
- Drive measurable improvements within the business
- Sensei/Coach gemba coaches on the facilitation of week-long kaizen events that are aligned with the achievement of business site level metrics.
- Champion change across the organization to foster the growth in Lean and site teaming journey
- Help define and manage investment and expense needs that are in line with Growth Playbook Strategy
- Help drive engagement with site business leaders to collaborate in Lean initiatives that foster goal attainment for current and future business needs
- Lead multiple projects driven from team engagement and site priorities
- Bring new ideas, motivation and positive support to all levels of the team
- Lead and effectively interface with manufacturing and other support teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, inventory and cost savings
- Interface with vendors / OEM's and internal contacts in an effective manner to ensure that technology and processes are positioned for current and future success
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 10 years of experience in manufacturing, quality improvement, and people leadership with a minimum of 5 years of experience in lean or operations leadership Lean methodology and Six Sigma tools; ability to drive improvement strategies while coaching leaders through problem solving techniques
- Ability and willingness to work in Hooksett, NH or travel up to 75% of the time to be onsite in Hooksett
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Corporate Training Program graduate (Manufacturing / Operations / Engineering)
- Lean Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
- Strong organizat
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager
Recommended, similar jobs
Greater London, England