GE90 PSE cold/hot section support (GECP) - Lead Engineer
- GE Aviation - 498 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
In this role you will be responsible for front line technical support of the GEnx hot section hardware and you will work directly with General Electric global team as well as with Revenue Shared Partners [RSP], operators, MRO global network, GE technical and commercial functions at customer end. As a leader of this hardware, you will be supporting or managing hardware related projects and repairs in global environment assuring the right cost aspects of projects during the Program Control Board [PCB] and the Maintenance Cost Review Board [MCRB] sessions and the right technical aspects during Technical Reviews. This role has big impact on quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of owned module. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring good levels of operational judgment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the execution of analysis or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Support decisions process or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of technology or engineering. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Formulate and implementing plans to achieve technical requirements, schedules, and commitments.
- Recommend approaches to meet the technical and program requirements (follow GE Aviation Procedures)
- Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems
- Provide technical support to other personnel and assigned teams
- Provide answers/solutions to technical Service Inquiries (SR) and recommending dispositions for owned hardware in operation via Departure Records/Inquiries
- Lead the module related Material Cost Review Board reviews and managing the cost of ownership of the owned module
- Provide very strong leading skills in global team - cooperation between GE sites and MRO network
- Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to field problems,
- Support or lead root cause analysis of field and reliability issues using the Commercial Field Problem Resolution Guide
- Identify & investigate Leading Indicators on the owned hardware
- Identify and execute CSA (Customized Service Agreements) productivity projects
- Manage owned parts (provide Repair requests/industrialization, Usage Alerts, Service Bulletins implementation, Leading Indicators)
- Participate as a presenter in technical and program reviews (both within GE and with external customers and suppliers or the Federal Aviation Administration)
- Cooperate within Life Cycle Engineering, Customer Teams, Overhaul Shops and Repair Engineering organizations in solving field issues
- Review Repairs and Change In Design documents in approval cycle
- Releasing new or changing existing Instructions for Continued Airworthiness
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Ability to work in global, multi time zones environment
- Lean approach in daily work
- Experience relevant to indicated position area of expertise
- Experience with the engine modules or engine as system
- Master's degree (aeronautical, mechanical engineering or related).
- Good knowledge of aviation engines architecture and operation
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills to deliver tasks on time
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects.
- Ability to document, plan, and timely execute programs/projects.
- Established project management skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicabl
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support