- GE Aviation - 498 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Accountable for the quality of ones own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework. There is generally a step by step sequence of standard operational tasks which need to be followed to achieve an end result.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducts component and product integration. All activities that span multiple components and products and are concerned with how to integrate for maximum performance and operability. Manages product and systems requirements, specifications and flow down. Drives validation and verification activities for the overall product/system, including system level testing. Responsible for defining product requirements for the module / component / subcontractors and partners teams. Manages interface between components and execution organizations.
Responsible for driving CTQ / Risk trades within the teams designing the components. Manages the overall product configuration and configuration control system.
- Developing conceptual knowledge of professional discipline. May include support roles with specialized expertise or technical knowledge in broad area.
- Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience. Understands how work of own team contributes to the area.
- Resolves issues using established procedures. Consults supervisor or more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- Collaborates with others to solve issues. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Exchanges technical information asks questions and checks for understanding.
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires basic experience in the Engineering/Technology & Systems Engineering. Knowledge level is comparable to a bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA - Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with or at least 4 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Aviation background
Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Bonus Plan Eligible
- And more!
Eligibility Requirement (s):
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
At GE Aviation Systems, we invent the future of flight, lift people up and bring them home safely. As key players in the aerospace industry, you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, sub
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support