Lead Design Engineer - GE Additive
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
GE Additive includes additive machine brands Concept Laser and Arcam EBM, along with additive powder supplier AP&C. At GE Additive, we continue to work every day to bring the transformative power of advanced manufacturing to businesses around the globe. Through our own extensive experience incorporating additive technologies into our production process, we recognize the value and possibilities it brings to modern design and manufacturing challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work directly with customers in an external facing consulting role by aiding them in all phases of their additive journey. Activities include delivering training, part identification, designing parts for additive manufacturing, support generation, disruptive design, distortion modeling, etc. for metal additive manufacturing considering DMLM, EBM and/or Binder Jet modalities.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide technical guidance to personnel / cross functional teams supporting the assigned project
- Implement plans with guidance to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems
- Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues / problems
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
- Participate and present in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 4 years of engineering experience in aerospace, transportation, medical, power, renewable energy, oil & gas, or other technical industry
- Ability to travel globally up to 25%
- Experience with additive manufacturing technologies and design for additive
- External customer consulting experience
- Strong working knowledge of one or more CAD systems, e.g. NX, CREO, CATIA
- Experience with mechanical and thermal simulation tools, e.g. ANSYS, Hypermesh, CFD
- Ability to function in an early business/startup atmosphere in a multifunction, global team
- Non-traditional thinkers and the ability to provide a non-traditional approach to mechanical design
- Capability to work in a broad range of work from conceptual to detailed design
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong technical aptitude related to components and systems of increasing complexity
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contrac
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager