Lead Product Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Our facility is worldwide leader in repair of the composite and metallic components from variety of Turbofan jet engine modules.
Our FAR145 Component Repair Station is providing overhaul services to multiple GE commercial engines lines, such as GE90, GEnx, LEAP, CFM, CF34, GP and Honda.
Acts as key facilitator for corresponding manufacturing processes. Focal for manufacturing PRODUCT quality, cost, and delivery. Works with cross-functional teams (Process Engineering, Operations, Customer Support, Quality) to solve technical issues and to identify and implement manufacturing improvements. Collaborates with quality and design resources to address product quality concerns, change in design requests, and design for manufacturability improvements.
- Act as Product Owner at assigned area
- Overseeing sitewide Business and Quality Procedures, drive changes targeting their improvements and create them where does not exist. Act as owner and ensure they are followed.
- Provide PRODUCT and process expert support in New Product Implementation projects.
- Challenge on existing capabilities and repair methods searching for new solutions based on existing knowledge.
- Being part of a local manufacturing and a global engineering team, engaging relevant stakeholders, managing by exceptions and escalating in case if necessary
- Driving / Supporting EHS and Quality RCA's, definition and implementation of Corrective Actions / Preventive Actions. Driving / Supporting EHS and Ergonomics projects
- Leading / Participating in Projects / Mission Based Teams, targeting Changes / Improvements and delivering them on time
- Overcome obstacles which are impeding continuous material flow in production and process excellence.
- Managing, developing and implementing all the technical enablers of a safe, quality and cost efficient (optimized) repair process improvements, including industrialization efforts of the new repair solution, for the assigned and/or relevant legacy products:
- Routings (task lists), Work Instruction, required Materials, Fixtures, Tools & Supplies, Environment, related Trainings, New Equipment, etc.
- Continuous monitoring of Product Quality
- engineering/ technical degree (minimum Bachelor's level) at area of Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science,
- at least 2-4 additional years of relevant experience in an engineering/technologist position,
- demonstrated ability to utilize Route Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) to identify and analyze problems,
- awareness of LEAN - 6Sigma principles and tools,
- strong oral and written communication skills ENGLISH and HUNGARIAN
Nice to have:
- Master degree at Aerospace, Powerplant or Machine design engineering degree,
- prior experience in area of R&D or New Product Introduction Initiatives,
- prior experience in manufacturing,
- 3D modeling in NX, Solid Edge, Catia or equivalent,
- experience with 3D printing technology,
- experience in product, new product implementation and/or quality engineering,
- understating and practical use of Aviation Regulatory system and nomenclature, OEM Engine Shop Manuals/AMM or other Aviation related technical documentation
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support