Engineer - Product Definition
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Jacksonville, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
The PDE will create detailed models and drawing packages using SIEMENS NX. The PDE will interact closely with engineers of other functions including Electrical, Mechanical, and Manufacturing to collaborate on new designs. The principal duties & responsibilities will include the following:
- Overall ownership and accountability of product definition for assigned projects from launch through production.
- Perform detailed tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Develop complete drawing packages and lead drawing reviews.
- Prepare presentations and present at reviews.
- Have a thorough understanding of Engineering Drawing Practices ASME Y14.100.
- Have a thorough understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing ( GD&T ) ASME Y14.5-2009.
- Develop low-cost solutions to meet unit cost targets.
- Interpret and maintain technical compliance to customer requirements.
- Develop design concepts for technical proposals.
- Develop fixtures and tooling.
- Legacy product improvements and manufacturing support.
- Internal research & development.
- Investigation and resolution of field issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or High School Diploma/GED with at least 4 years of Design Engineering experience).
- Experience in designing components for an aerospace application.
- Experience with Model Based Design (MBD) and Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI).
- Ability to influence and seamlessly work cross-functionally in a matrix organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Able to communicate with all levels of internal and external customer organizations, including upper management.
- PC literate and able to use such software tools as NX, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with LEAN fundamentals.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support