Senior Systems Integration Engineer - Engine Clearance
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducts component and product integration. All activities that span multiple components and products and are concerned with how to integrate for maximum performance and operability. Manages product and systems engine clearances requirements, specifications and flow down. Drives validation and verification activities for the overall product/system, including system level testing. Responsible for defining engine clearances related product requirements for the module / component / subcontractors and partners teams. Manages interface between components and execution organizations.
- Responsible for driving CTQ / Risk trades within the teams designing the components. Manages the overall product configuration and configuration control system.
- Requires specialized knowledge within the function. Influence the development of strategy for the area of responsibility, including control of resources and influences policy formulation.
- Interprets simple internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Stays informed of industry trends.
- Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems in areas of operational, technology or engineering. Has ability to assess quality of information given and ask pertinent questions to stakeholders. Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations.
- May lead functional teams or projects with minimal resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Communicates difficult concepts and may influence others' options on particular topics. May guide others to consider a different point of view.
- Identify, develop, evaluate, and introduce sustainable engineering solutions to meet near term and long-range engineering needs
- Provide technical consultation on technically related product problems throughout the business including supplier and field support
- Lead and provide the key technical direction to projects with critical business impact
- Maintain an active role in developing and defining the state-of-the-art engine Systems based engine clearance assessments and evaluation needs in order to anticipate, apply, adapt or develop processes and technologies for product introduction, quality, performance, cost improvements and problem resolution in meeting current and future business needs including adherence to schedules and estimated costs
- Provide technical consultation to cross-functional teams throughout the business to improve or resolve key business issues
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data.
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect technology that gives the business a competitive advantage, as well as protecting the intellectual property rights of the company
- Provide technical guidance, direction and training to new and experienced engineers, specialists, technicians and co-ops
- As a Systems Integration Engine Clearance focal you will guide, support and direct and at times may generate and execute the building of detailed analytical models of the engine modules and the full engine, to enable design assessment, calculation of relative displacements, and to assist in clearance related problem solving and test data interpretation for tech maturation, new and fielded products. Troubleshooting engine clearance related operation in fielded aircraft, whether in-flight or in a customer test cell. Supporting the design of new turbomachinery by evaluating the systems related engine clearance impacts. Provide guidance on field actions - control plans and field hardware campaign.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college
- 5 -10+ years of relevant experience in Gas turbines Systems, engine clearance, thermal dynamics or performance,
- Must be a US Citizen
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support