Lean Leader - Component Manufacturing
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Essential Responsibilities :
As the Lean Leader you will:
- Develop and manage processes that enable the implementation of lean in both the transactional and operational manufacturing sectors of GE Aviation's Lynn Component Manufacturing business.
- Support GE, and GE Aviation kaizen promotion offices with initiatives to reengineer processes and methods to assure effectiveness and efficiency in the deployment and application of lean. Delivers lean trainings and facilitates events / workouts to achieve measurable improvements.
- Serve as a champion, coach, and mentor for change by influencing and guiding leadership and teams to better understand and adopt lean principles, and problem solving methodologies, ultimately fostering a culture of change and servant leadership.
- Lead the planning and execution of kaizens, daily management, and other lean transformation initiatives focused on safely eliminating waste, creating velocity, and reducing lead times, through the application of standard work. Support the adherence of kaizen standard work and daily management ensuring high levels of engagement and collaboration during pre-work, event week, and post event weeks.
- Training and coaching all associated via formal training and Genba walks on problem solving behaviors and basic lean methodologies including visual management, 5S, Standardized work, and leader standard work. Analyze data and use value stream mapping to create future state lean manufacturing designs. Build cross functional relationships within the value stream to build trust and gain the privilege of challenging the current state. Strong understanding of change management to build momentum and excitement for operational changes across the business.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline. ( or a high school diploma / GED with at least 10 years of experience in manufacturing developing lean or continuous improvement strategies)
- 5+ years of experience in teaching, coaching, practicing and applying lean methods (i.e. VSM, Cell design, 3P,TPM, 5S, Set up reduction, kaizen, daily management, standard work, leader standard work, problem solving, Kanban and lean transformations)
- Strong communication, leadership, facilitation, and project management skills with the ability to speak effectively with various audiences.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or job shop environment
- Viewed as a leader who can motivate teams and bring a strong positive attitude toward change.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager