Business Leader - Operations Management (f414)
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
- Manage a team of 5-10 salaried reports - consisting of Mechanical Engineers, Quality Engineers, Production Specialist and Supervisors. Supervisors in responsible area oversee 50-75 employees across 2 shifts.
- Manage Development/New Product Implementation engine assembly and test line in order to reach defined targets in quality, cost, delivery and safety
- Ensure continuous business improvement according to benchmarks and standards
- Lead product line process improvement and lean flow line
- Give input to business programs encompassing part of a function or a business unit and to midterm plan
- Communicate with end customer on status and business updates
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 5 years of experience in Operation Management (Including prior Management / Supervisory experience in an operation / production environment)
- Experience applying Lean principles to drive improves cycles time, throughput and reduction
- Ability to use data in an industrial setting, understand the use of data to drive outcomes within the site
- Proven leadership experience in an operations / production /assembly facility
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager