Senior Engineer - Systems Engineering
- GE Aviation - 498 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Systems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the user's needs. The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
This role impacts departmental operations and is responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on technical execution of the team as well as individually assigned activities within the design procedures, practices and plans established by the programs. Sound judgment and leadership skills are required.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for leading, guiding and contributing to the systems engineering efforts across GE's Common Core Systems. This role has accountability for assigned systems engineering duties for the IMA and Federated Computing Systems product line. This role provides technical leadership and assistance to the project teams to insure they deliver on cost, quality, schedule, and technical goals.
This position has the following essential responsibilities:
- Manage the Systems Engineering Lifecycle for IMA products/technologies.
- Assist Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Business Leaders in new pursuits.
- Cross train Systems Engineers in the systems engineering process.
- Drive and support engineering reuse within the IMA product line.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the teams running projects within the product line. This includes supporting project planning, conducting reviews, metrics development/tracking, forecasting, development processes, and risk and opportunity management.
- Ensure timely delivery of systems requirements, integrated validation/verification activities, and issue resolution.
- Support the startup of new projects to insure they are well planned in accordance with the product roadmap, the overall product line strategy and engineering process requirements.
- Lead/manage interdisciplinary collaboration with software, hardware, test, safety, maintainability, reliability and certification teams.
- Escalate issues that need additional engineering or business leadership assistance in a timely manner.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- At least 10 years of experience in design & development and/or technical project leadership within an engineering product development environment.
- Avionics Systems Engineering Process Background
- Prior experience managing or designing within an Avionics Design Assurance Level A Environment
- DO-297, ARP 4754A, DO-178, DO-254 and/or DO-330 process assurance experience
- Prior experience working on A653 platform system.
- Experience with engineering processes including requirements definition, requirements allocation, requirements validation, requirements verification, integration, embedded software, electronic systems, FAA/EASA/NAA certification, and system safety.
- Able to communicate directly with senior leadership inside and outside the company.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in development, integration, validation and verification of systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Bonus Plan Eligible
- And more!
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. W
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support