Lead Engineer - Mechanical Component
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
As an Engine Clearances Lead Engineer, you will:
- Execute the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define, and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
- Implement plans with guidance to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems
- Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues/ problems
- Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
- Participate and present or review in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 5 years of experience in an engineering, IT, scientific or other technical position)
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance
- Familiarity with heat transfer and stress analysis
- Familiarity with ANSYS, NASTRAN or other finite element computer codes (modeling and analysis)
- Familiarity with Matlab
- Interest in continuing to improve standard processes and improve best practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Strong problem-solving skills
- To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic