Staff Electrical Engineer - CEM Development & Methods
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Staff Engineer demonstrates accountability & provides technical leadership and mentoring across the organization in Electromagnetic (EM) / Radar Cross Section (RCS) methods technologies for assigned in inlet and/or exhaust systems. In this role you will integrate and develop EM predictive codes and methods that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within the EM methods function, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Execute with limited guidance the EM methods & analysis activities required in support of assigned Inlet / exhaust systems products and technology that meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product / program requirements
- Recommend approach to meet the technical and program requirements
- Formulate and implement plans to achieve EM methods technical requirements, schedules and contract commitments
- Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems
- Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams
- Mentor others in the organization
- Assure proper documentation of technical EM code data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments
- Lead or participate in organizational efforts in assigned projects and/or tasks
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position (Including experience in computational EM codes and methods used for signature predictions)
- Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a US Department of Defense Security Clearance
- BS / MS / PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university or college with minimum 7 years of experience in an RCS methods position
- Significant experience in the field of RCS prediction codes and analysis of inlet & exhaust systems
- Experience in RCS predictions codes and application to component design analysis
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to organize, motivate, guide and influence technical personnel and projects
- Knowledge and understanding of EM & RCS measurements
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- In depth understanding of numerical methods with focus on integral equations and partial differential equation methods
- Demonstrated computer programming skills in C++, FORTRAN, and parallel computers
- Knowledge of linear algebra for developing equation solvers and understanding of optimization methods
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support