Lead Design Engineer - Fan Composites
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Leverage prior mechanical design experience and broaden knowledge of one's own technical discipline to meet product deliverables within schedule & budget constraints.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the Composite PCM discipline. Use prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires advanced experience in the Engineering/Technology & Mechanical Component. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA - Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager