Electrical Engineer, Production Support
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Defining the physical configuration optimized to convert mechanical inputs that develops an electrical system energized to produce electricity.
- Addressing the configuration of electrical apparatus and systems, especially of main generators, of power electronics devices, switchgear, transformers, bus bars, cables, non-conducting materials and comprehensive system integration concepts.
- Developing conceptual knowledge of professional discipline.
- Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience.
- Understands how work of own team contributes to the area.
- Resolves issues using established procedures.
- Consults supervisor or more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- Collaborates with others to solve issues.
- For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE.
- Exchanges technical information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Electronics Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Familiar with the essential principles of electrical circuits and power electronics
- Familiar with the basic principles of magnetics and transformers
- Familiar with circuit design tools such as LTSpice and Altium Designer
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Strong project ownership, execution, and proactive mentalities.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more!
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support