Engineer - F404/F414 Hot Section Rotor Design
- GE Aviation - 498 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated.
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives.
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue.
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 4 years of experience in an engineering, IT, scientific or other technical position)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an engineering position.
- Experience with hardware design of structural and/or turbine airfoil components
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving skills
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Design engineer