Sr. Staff Technical Product Manager - System Engineering and Build
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
This position will work on current generation full stack technology projects that will be incorporated into the existing classified environments. They are responsible for driving the planning of current generation technology design, proof of concept builds, documentation, project management and assisting implementation planning efforts in classified areas related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance. They may interact w/ functional leaders to support these technical initiatives and will work across multiple teams including, but not limited to, business, information technology, information assurance, physical security and facility.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in defining technology features, backlog and specifying requirements
- Assist in current generation technology discussion and strategy in line with business needs and company reference architecture
- Outline current project strategy aligned to deliver on the expected outcomes
- Define execution methodologies and project management practices to be followed by all projects within the designated organizational team
- Work with project teams comprising from internal and external technical and functional experts based on budget, scope and timeline
- Manage day-to-day execution, tracking and communication of multiple interdependent projects
- Coordinate execution across multiple projects and teams and drive shared approach and outcomes tracking
- Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
- Manage and communicate project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
- Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting at various levels of the organization including leadership and executives
- Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
- Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
- Perform initial and final financial reviews, and ensure ongoing budget tracking
- Change oriented - actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly.
- Familiarity with iterative implementation approaches (Agile, LEAN).
- Strong knowledge of technology resource needs: compute, storage, network, server, operating systems, software, virtualization, collaboration tools, HPC, workstations, security tools, engineering and application software and automation.
- Excellent in communication and building relationships across multiple teams to ensure successful project outcomes
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
- Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the scrum team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive environment
- Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to help make buy vs build recommendations, scope MVPs, and to drive market timing decisions
Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college with minimum of 5 years of professional experience OR Associates degree with minimum of 8 years of professional experience OR High School Diploma with minimum of 10 years of professional experience
Minimum 5 years of professional experience in
Note: Military experience is equivalent to professional experience in project management, technology infrastructure, application, or automation experience
-Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support