Senior Staff Quality Assurance Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Have a proven track record of successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation.
• Provide expertise in Design, Architecture, Development and Shipping from Quality Engineering perspective
• Lead impact assessment of decisions related to Quality Engineering plan and end to end strategy for releases
• Provide expertise, oversight, mentor team members and lead quality initiatives in large development efforts
• Demonstrate deep understanding of competitive landscape, latest trends and technologies in Quality Engineering.
• Demonstrate the ability of benchmarking against competition.
• Provides subject matter expertise in quality engineering processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
• Navigate through ambiguity, prioritizes conflicting asks and shows ability to adapt to changing project situations
• Demonstrate expert level skills in collaborating with different stakeholders, Influencing decisions and an ability to take strategic view.
• Lead Quality Engineering efforts across the product version(s)
• Provide expertise in continuous integration process and test automation while mentoring and training team members in the process.
Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college with minimum of 6 years of professional experience OR Associates degree with minimum of 9 years of professional experience OR High School Diploma with minimum of 11 years of professional experience
Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Distinct Area of Work (DAW) or IT
Note: Military experience is equivalent to professional experience
-Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
• Has extensive experience in test automation
• Has experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems
• Has experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
• Expert in developing and executing maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
• Skilled in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process.
• Demonstrates the ability of benchmarking against competition.
• Expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus.
• Demonstrates deep understanding of competitive landscape, latest trends and technologies in Quality Engineering.
• Navigates through ambiguity, prioritizes conflicting asks and shows ability to adapt to changing project situations. Able to delegate tasks effectively.
• Influences through others; builds direct and \"behind the scenes\" support for ideas. Pre-empts downstream consequences and effectively tailors strategy to support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to influence.
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization. Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions. Utilizes critical thinking, analytical abilities and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
• Able to communicate what is the reasoning of decisions and downstream implications. Reflects on success and failures to improve performance and future decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Quality control