Lead Engineer - Reliability Engineering
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bohemia, Louisiana, United States
The Lead Engineer - Reliability Engineering will develop practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. In this role, you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize your understanding and experience to execute business objectives.
- Perform reliability prediction analysis using generally accepted methodology and failure rate sources such as MIL-HDBK-217, Prism or field experience data and the use of Weibull Distribution and Analysis
- Coordinate component failure analysis for root cause and drives corrective actions
- Perform Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis to support the design process and to provide input to Safety and Testability analyses
- Perform Fault Tree Analysis, Common Mode Analysis, and Functional Failure Path Analysis
- Generates required technical documentation
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- BSEE or BSME and 5 years of experience in a reliability engineering related position
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Comprehensive understanding of Military Standard Components, Specifications and Environments
- Familiar with System Safety Assessment both Military and Civil, System Safety Requirements development, Developing Safety Program Plans, and Functional Hazard Analysis
- Strong communication skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer