Advanced Lead Engineer - Embedded Software Development
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
- Develop full lifecycle of real-time embedded software for Mission Systems Stores Management Systems.
- Develop proficiency in ANSI C/C++ and ADA programming languages running on real-time operating system embedded platforms such as Linux and WindRiver VxWorks.
- Develop proficiency in Modeling and Simulation of software components.
- Develop proficiency in FACE conformity.
- Produce well designed and commented software meeting GE and industry coding standards of DO-178B/C.
- Develop proficiency in software development processes to effectively utilize knowledge and experience during project planning and execution phases.
- Conceive and execute technical solutions consistent with the needs of the project.
- Use sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Generate well written detailed technical documentation consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with the team members at multiple sites in the analysis, design, verification and integration of embedded software.
- Interface with partner companies and vendors
- Meet business standards, practices and procedures as well as product/program requirements.
- Provide timely communications to technical leaders, mentors, project and functional managers.
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Responsible for work that is less defined in scope and has the understanding and experience to execute business objectives
- Responsible for managing cost and schedule of software activities
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or related engineering degrees (e.g., computer engineering, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, computer science.)
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience in the following software engineering lifecycle phases: Software architecture design, software design and development, hardware/software integration, software verification & validation.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as excellent written and oral communication.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills, working within a process-centric environment.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, detail-oriented, and able to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to work in a collaborative engineering team environment across disciplines to implement solutions that are aligned with the goals of the project across multiple sites.
- Knowledge of Software architecture, design and verification
- Experience developing rapid prototypes
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall development models
- Knowledge of Model-Based Development practices
- Knowledge of FACE architecture
- Knowledge of Real-time Software Development and V&V
- Knowledge of C and Ada
- Familiar with Xilinx Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC devices and their respective development toolchains
- Knowledge of Linux, FreeRTOS, CentOS and VxWorks Operating Systems with hands on experience developing multithreaded applications and device drivers
- Strong technical aptitude with experience using applicable engineering tools such as integrated development environments (compilers), configuration management systems (PTC Windchill, Serena Dimensions, IBM Rational Team Concert, Doors), etc.
- Skilled in breaking down problems, able to translate customer needs into effective software, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and achieve milestones and deliverables.
- Solid understanding of scope, schedule, and cost interactions
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and mentoring skills
- Desire to learn project leadershi
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support