XA100 Engineering & Manufacturing Development Readiness Programs Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the weight and affordability metrics which are critical to GE's competitiveness in large combat engines
- Provide leadership with Engineering to develop a robust pipeline of projects to achieve weight and affordability objectives.
- Implement program for product cost management resulting in positive product cost. Identified key hardware design areas for future focused cost reduction projects and trade studies
- Developed tools to track/update XA100 product costs. Validated current cost model and assumptions to be used in support of AETP hardware proposal activities.
- Direct interface with the customer's Engineering and Program Offices.
- Provide direction and/or manage coordination with internal and external customer planning processes.
- Provide daily program management and actively support engineering in evaluation of proposed weight and affordability projects. Refined IPT weight targets to meet program weight / CG requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading programs, including but not limited to product offerings, technology introductions, and overall schedule, cost, and pricing of proposals
- Must have or qualify for a U.S. Government Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated knowledge of turbine engine components
- Familiarity with cost modeling and product cost estimation
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with customers in the government and in private industry. Understanding of U.S. military organization, processes and environment
- Proven leadership and influencing skills with cross-functional teams including customers and weapon system contractors. Team builder.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills utilizing a disciplined approach to resolve issues and define solutions. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience with production and quality systems and contracting requirements
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager