Thermal System Design Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Participate throughout the design process to analyze and influence the rotor, stator, and/or component cooling designs from the design phase through certification
- Perform thermal analysis using finite element analysis (FEA) and/or computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis in support of new engine designs and fielded products
- Execute with guidance the analysis, design, test and integration of fluid systems to meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product / program requirements
- Plan and execute component and engine test programs and utilize the results to validate engine designs, systems and analytical models
- Prepare invention disclosures for technology that provides a competitive advantage
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace / Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- At least 3 additional years of experience in a Mechanical Engineering position
- Prior experience in the fundamentals of heat transfer and compressible flows
- Advanced degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering related to heat transfer or fluid mechanics
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in a team environment
- Highly motivated, passionate, and exceptional communication skills
- Shares critical information, speaks with candor, and contributes constructively
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to guide and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Design engineer