Staff Engineer - Mechanical Component-3
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
This position requires team (4 engineers) leadership and cross-functional collaboration with Lynn Component Manufacturing counterparts to improve the producibility, quality and delivery of engine components. Identify areas of improvements to both GE processes and procedures in the areas of Engineering, supply chain quality, and manufacturing.
Roles and Responsibilities
Execute with limited guidance the analysis / evaluation of assigned projects that meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product / program requirements
Recommend approach to meet the technical and program requirements
Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, schedules and contract commitments
Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments
- Lead or participate in organizational efforts in assigned projects and/or task
Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- At least 7 additional years of experience in an aerospace or mechanical engineering position
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Demonstrated process orientation in approach to work
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic