Precision Bender & Inspector - 3rd Shift
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Hooksett, New Hampshire, United States
This starting pay will be $27.06/hour with an additional $1.00/hour shift differential.
Job Description Essential Responsibilities
As the Precision Bender & Inspector, you will:
- Set up and operation of a variety of fabrication machine tools and/or specialized equipment (i.e. benders, both conventional and numerically controlled) to produce hardware that meets close tolerance limitations
- Perform advanced mathematical calculations to determine set ups and operations necessary to perform complex tube bends
- Utilize a variety of precision gages/inspection measuring equipment and fixturing as needed to complete work orders
- Interpret advanced-level mechanical blueprints, mylars, sketches, engineering specifications and/or drawings to determine set ups and operations needed
- Identify and manage the processing of quality-related nonconforming and/or noncompliant products and materials (i.e. the Preliminary Review quality process)
- Provide in-process manufacturing/inspection planning documents, router sheets and updates
- High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 2.5 years of experience in advanced fabrication manufacturing operations and disciplines; Or
- Technical Certificate from an accredited educational institution with a minimum of 2 years of experience in advanced fabrication manufacturing operations and disciplines; Or
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in a technical-related field from an accredited university /college with a minimum of 1 year of experience in advanced fabrication manufacturing operations & disciplines
- Strong capability in the set-up of conventional and numerically controlled fabrication machine tools and equipment
- Proficiency with advanced fabrication/mechanical blueprint/drawing/engineering specification reading and interpretation
- Comfortability performing intermediate mathematical calculations involving decimals, ratios, and percentages
- Adroitness in the use of various precision gages, measuring tools and equipment (i.e. micrometers, dial calipers, height gages, special fixturing, coordinate measuring machines and/or optical comparators)
- Previous experience in quality-related procedures requiring identification and controlling processing of nonconforming and/or noncompliant products and materials, including the Preliminary Review process
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma fundamentals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices on a continuous improvement team
- Highly motivated, passionate, and with exceptional communications skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer