Sr Staff Technical Product Manager - Project Accounting
- GE Aviation - 498 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cincinnati, Indiana, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Demonstrate superior product and industry knowledge and helps organization to gain the competitive edge.
• Interacts with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback.
• Works with cross-functional teams to deliver features and major, complex products.
• Possesses a deep understanding of the technology stack and impact on final product.
• Routinely collaborates with UX, Architecture and engineering teams on multiple issues and decisions.
• Conducts customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborates on personas.
• Demonstrates expert persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering teams.
• Owns the release and sprint backlogs short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases.
• Owns and manages the backlog; continuously orders and prioritizes to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
• Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs.
• Demonstrates strategic expert level skills in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity.
• Engages frequently (50% of the time) with the development team; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions.
• Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units.
• Partners with Development Leadership to ensure healthy development process.
• Mentors junior team members.
• Provide technical leadership to TPMs across organization. Expert in Agile Methodology: Coaches others.
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in with significant experience.
For roles in Apply Degree in with minimum years of experience8years
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
• Strong knowledge of software design and coding principles
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Familiarity with versatile implementation options
• Demonstrates knowledge on technical topics, such as caching, APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the scrum team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive environment
• Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to help make buy vs build recommendations, scope MVPs, and to drive market timing decisions
• Influences through others; builds direct and \"behind the scenes\" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making.
• Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises acc
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Airline finance