Engineer- Test Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
The Test Engineer will design, develop and implement automatic test equipment and test programs for design verification, hardware qualification, and production testing. This will include the design of electronic circuits and writing test software to attain full test automation. This will include integration and verification of the test hardware and software with the avionics product hardware and software. The person will maintain, support and develop all production test procedures and equipment on site and in other locations abroad.
- Manage own time and assigned resources to meet schedule, cost, and quality objectives.
- Specify and design new production test equipment by understanding new products in Development.
- Create test design documentation including test specifications, drawings, procedures, software, verification procedures and reports.
- Generate test software in National Instruments TestStand/LabVIEW/LabWindows CVI.
- Work closely with the R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, and Engineering teams.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing including hands-on debug of test systems.
- Contribute to the company's production engineering objectives regarding new product introduction, process improvement and lean manufacturing.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Bachelor's Degree of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of Information Technology (IT), Engineering, Scientific, or other Technical experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Bonus Plan Eligible
- And more!
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
At GE Aviation Systems, we invent the future of flight, lift people up and bring them home safely. As key players in the aerospace industry, you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead. We've got an amazing team of exceptional people helping to solve increasingly complex challenges. Our Aviation Systems Engineering teams are comprised of diverse and experienced engineers who care about ensuring full-lifecycle readiness as it relates to safety, certification, and quality standards. Our teams are passionate about the aerospace industry and continuously strive to deliver innovate customer solutions through strong project execution, collaboration, and lean problem-solving. We are passionate about professional growth, developing an inclusive culture, and developing the technical capabilities our customers need. We seek to enable every engineer to reach their full potential through coaching, mentoring and professional development training. If this sounds like an environment in which you would thrive, we encourage you to apply!
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Eq
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Testing