System Validation and Testing Engineer
- GE Aviation - 498 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
We're the people who pioneered metal additive from design to full production. Through our integrated offering of additive experts, advanced machines, and quality powders, we are empowering our customers to build innovative new products and transform their businesses and industries. These products solve manufacturing challenges, improve business outcomes, and help change the world for the better.
The Engineer - System Integration and Testing will need to execute on business and program goals for additive manufacturing production binder jet system. Activities will include but not be limited to, proof of concept validation, technical feasibility, and sustaining engineering support.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with design and system engineers to ensure requirements are well-defined and verifiable through validation.
- Lead integration and test campaigns at various levels of development.
- Lead and coordinate resources around root cause investigations into subsystem and system failures.
- Work hands-on with prototype and first-generation machines.
- Create, maintain and communicate detailed test schedules.
- Develop machine processes and material parameter sets to optimize part yield and quality on prototype machines.
- Work with materials team to develop materials that enable success with key performance indicators.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard design and test engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in resolving product and test equipment issues.
- Perform analysis of requirements and support product and test equipment re-designs.
- Working with senior engineers, support the development of requirements to generate designs for product improvements to optimize testability and supportability.
- Support training of technicians in testing and troubleshooting of products and test systems. Generate required documentation.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in an engineering role
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position (preferably in the field of additive manufacturing)
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Experience in additive manufacturing with preference in metal binder jet.
- Experience with setting up design of experiments and execution.
- Ability to adapt and execute in an ambiguous environment.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing work instructions and shop planning
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Testing