Cincinnati Area Global Site IT Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cincinnati, Indiana, United States
Responsible for complex sites comprised of offices and plant/part components with potentially >500 employees.
Expected minimum experience to demonstrate competency of 5 years, with skill being recognized and leveraged as an expert inside GE.
- Serve as the IT leader and participate in staff strategic discussions / decisions relative to Information Technology.
- Act as the escalation point for all sites IT activities including help desk support issues.
- Report to the Value Stream IT Leader to understand the GE strategic direction on IT and help communicate said strategy to the site leaders, staff, and site personnel.
- Develop and manage annual site IT budget, carefully evaluating and reviewing plant IT expenses and investment.
- Lead Local IT Projects and Manage Project Budgets.
- Implement Site IT and Global IT projects and strategy.
- Own the strategy, and tactical application of DTSL communication across the global network.
- Serve as a focal point for the Global Shop Operations/DTSL group by hosting weekly ADT Site Leaders meetings, facilitating content, coordinating topics/presenters, and providing oversite to the Shop Operations team. This includes engagement during significant outages, issue escalation, and broadly supporting other Supply Chain IT operational and project discussions with other cross-functional team members.
- Own the resolution of IT issues in a timely manner (By the help desk or local support).
- Coordinate and communicate all Change Management and Risk Management activities.
- Coordinate all IT resources and prioritize efforts with site leadership to ensure alignment.
- Develop, market, and implement comprehensive IT project plans, beginning with project team structure and resource assignment, and ending with a control plan identifying both business process metrics and IT platform quality requirements.
- Identify critical path decisions; make recommendations, and influence program leaders and business process owners to maximize project payback.
- Manage daily activities, issue resolution, and communication across project execution teams to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, as-requested by customer.
- Ensure conformance of established IT architecture, standards, and practices.
- Lead the analysis, requirement development, design, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of large / complex IT solutions for business processes.
- Work as a business partner with business leaders and users to creatively identify / evaluate / implement / improve business technology and processes and arrive at mutual, cost effective solutions for business success.
- Support, advise, assist, guide, and resolve problems for business leaders through standard ITIL processes (Help Desk).
- Initiate direct communication with wide range of customer, client, supplier, and systems personnel.
- Lead in the evaluation / implementation of third-party software solutions.
- Initiate and coordinate outsourced supplier efforts, as required.
- Prepare, present, and review project plans, status reports, cost / benefit studies, and recommend funding and resources.
- Ensure conformance to IT system architecture, methods standards, and practices and participate in their design and development.
- Participate in the preparation of long-range systems plans and assure that they are in concert with business objectives and goals.
- Stay current with emerging technologies and promote their use.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 5 years minimum experience in Information Technology management.
- 5 years minimum experience in manufacturing.
- 2 years minimum experience managing people and/or teams.
- Sets IT strategy & roadmap to drive digital improvements across the site.
- Influences SPB employees and below on their decisions.
- Performs as part of the Shop leadership team representing information technology.
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Airline IT