- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Prestwick, South Ayrshire, Scotland
Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure New and C-Class material is available to support Engine and Third-Party kit dates.
- Solicit and evaluate new material/vendor repair proposals to support business, conduct cost and price analysis in accordance with GEAE sourcing policy, utilizing available expertise from supporting organizations.
- Act as single point of contact with assigned Suppliers & Vendors, customer cells and shop resolving any MDR's, invoice queries and performance issues. Maintain and update supplier performance metrics ensuring that they are available for monthly business review.
- Attend daily Production meetings and action material supply issues as required and respond with solutions/answers.
- Maintain familiarity and currency with GEAE procurement manual, sourcing policy, engine manuals, SI's, ERS's, SB's, AD's and other relevant technical publications to support operations.
- Actively support and promote GE Aviation sourcing initiatives.
- HNC or equivalent experience.
- Sourcing and/or planning experience; excellent technical knowledge.
- Strong problem-solving skills, sound judgement, diplomatic.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player; highly motivated, good presentation skills.
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Planning engineer