Staff Engineer - Engineering Project Manager
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and managing engineering / technology projects. Interfaces with internal/external customers to ensure organization resource allocation is made.
- Accountable to deliver the scope of work to the original cost estimate.
- Manages schedule, budget and integration of NPI and/or requisition projects, including influencing the projects to meet customer CTQs and hit tollgate milestones. Project is often a component of a program.
- Developing specialized knowledge in their discipline.
- Serves as best practice/quality resource.
- Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area.
- Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering.
- Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations.
- Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus.
- Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in an engineering role
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Experience with Earned Value Management metrics and OpenPlan
- General engineering knowledge of electrical power and aircraft electrical power systems
- Led dotted line team of various sizes and disciplines
- Create and drive team to Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager