Manufacturing Engineering Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Springdale, Arkansas, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and direct your team through complex manufacturing engineering problems.
- Own Turn Around Time (TAT) from a technical perspective on all Rotating Hardware.
- Develop and industrialize new repairs in concurrence with Process Engineering Leader and Repair Engineering.
- Full part ownership from the when the part enters the door to when the part ships.
- Manages a small to medium team of senior professionals as well as others. Requires specialized knowledge within the function.
- Influence the development of strategy for the area of responsibility, including control of resources and influences policy formulation.
- Interprets simple internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services.
- Ability to assess quality of information given and ask pertinent questions to stakeholders.
- Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations. Uses multiple internal and some external sources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- Lead functional teams or projects with minimal resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Communicates difficult concepts and may influence others' options on particular topics.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college and 5+ years of experience in engineering or manufacturing (or a minimum high school diploma / GED with at least 8 years of experience in engineering and or manufacturing).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager