Field Service Engineer / Laser
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Charlotte, Arkansas, United States
Responsible for developing and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships with customer representatives, ensuring Customer Satisfaction, and maintaining all equipment models specific to a modality or modalities in the Americas Region.
This is a Field Service Role supporting customers throughout parts of the US, Central and South America as needed. Position will be based from Charlotte, North Carolina or surrounding area. Travel expectations are 75%. The Field Service Engineer will work on a team or individually, to install, perform preventive maintenance, and repair laser additive manufacturing machines. These activities contribute to customer laser production machines operating at peak performance, producing quality parts, meeting production schedules, and meeting or exceeding quality & industry standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• The Field Service Engineer will work on a team or individually, to install, perform preventive maintenance, and repair Lase additive manufacturing machines.
• Perform total system level troubleshooting on complex multi-symptom problems.
• Schedule all resources and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property.
• Work with Service and Additive engineering teams to resolve complicated mechanical, electrical, electronic, and /or process problems for customer Laser machines
• Help in all areas of site preparation (coordination of labor and materials) with minimal supervision.
• Document all work performed using computer-based service reporting procedures.
• Competently communicate Laser machine status to engineers, customers, and management.
• Maintain effective quality systems and programs according to the GE Service Quality Policy Statement.
• Responsibly complete all administration tasks on time (e.g., ensure timely completion of Service Bulletins and PMs inspections documentation for assigned accounts).
• Maintain daily interface with Customer technicians on equipment status issues, to ensure satisfaction of primary customers.
These activities contribute to the success of customer Laser production machines operating at peak performance, producing quality parts, meeting production schedules, and meeting or exceeding quality & industry standards
• Associates degree and 2 years technical experience, or a High School Diploma and 5 years field service or electrical / mechanic technician experience.
• Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem-solving techniques.
• Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process.
• Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information.
• Demonstrated ongoing effort to maintain knowledge of current technology.
• Ability to communicate using English (or local language) to interface with clients.
• Demonstrated technical leadership ability.
• Ability to work independently or within a small team with minimum direction.
• High work standards and quality.
• Shows Initiative, motivation and outside of the box thinking.
• Plans and organizes work effectively.
• Excellent communication skills, listening skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer skills and deals tactfully and effectively with differences of opinion (e.g., influences rather than directs).
• Ensure timely work order closure using CMMS systems.
Inclusion and Diversity:
GE Additive is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Additional Information GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics prot
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Tooling