Additive Lead Process & Materials Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lichtenfels, Bayern, Germany
At GE Additive, we continue to work every day to bring the transformative power of advanced manufacturing to businesses around the globe. Through our own extensive experience incorporating additive technologies into our production process, we recognize the value and possibilities it brings to modern design and manufacturing challenges.
- Execute, with some guidance, the analysis and evaluation of assigned projects that meet business standards, practices, procedures and product/program requirements by expanding the understanding for the technical context between machine characteristics and final part performance.
- Hands-on machine operation and test execution on the shopfloor to ensure highest level of reliability and quality.
- Utilize statistical and develop new methods for evaluating material capability versus established standards or customer requirements, during both, development and production phases. Characterize physical and mechanical properties of consolidated material.
- Promote teamwork to deliver shared goals and outcomes that meet material or process capability targets.
- Interface directly with customers, internal or external, to ensure that project outcome meets their expectations and requirements. Monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments within multiple levels of the organization.
- Represent GE Additive on Conferences, Webinars, Trade Shows and other venues.
- Bachelor of Science in Materials Science and Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or related Engineering Discipline.
- Hands on experience with material processing or handling.
- Minimum 5 additional years of experience in a material manufacturing or related additive manufacturing position.
- Background in material science and material characterization, including metallography, thermal and mechanical property testing and analysis.
- Understanding of Additive manufacturing process (i.e., laser powder bed, electron beam powder bed, binderjet) working knowledge and/or operation experience.
- Program management skills, ability to develop, document, market, and execute programs.
- Understand how to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Planning engineer