Product Support Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
- Establish and manage plans and programs to enhance the performance, durability, maintainability, cost affectivity, and customer satisfaction of the assigned program hardware or systems.
- Assure the safety and airworthiness of the assigned hardware/systems.
- Lead efforts within assigned hardware responsibilities to meet customer Readiness and business Productivity goals.
- Differentiate the reputation of GE and the F404/F414 in the field through superior technical support.
- Provide prompt and detailed oral and written communication of product issues both externally and internally.
- Lead and manage critical PSE process functions for the group.
- Represent PSE, in conjunction with, or in place of the manager, both internally and externally on technical issues.
- Execute a total product plan for assigned hardware or systems consistent with technical and business objectives of the engine project/program.
- Develop and lead the required cross-functional team of GE personnel to achieve these goals. Interface in a collaborative manner with Program Managers and extended engineering team.
- Monitor the performance of assigned hardware/system in the field.
- Lead investigations/efforts into product shortfalls, field events, or durability issues for assigned hardware/systems.
- Develop and execute the required field control plan and final fix/upgrade plan in accordance with the project/program guidelines.
- Prepare presentations and conduct periodic reviews of cost of ownership and technical issues with internal and external customers for assigned hardware/systems.
- Champion major Product Support Engineering process(es) as assigned within the Project.
- Develop training and informational material as applicable.
- Document key learnings and investigations and champion required changes/improvements to internal GE design and manufacturing practices.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in engine/system design, evaluation, or product support engineering.
- Willingness and ability to travel 10% of the time
- Demonstrated experience leading and working in a matrixed organization
- Able to interface at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to work in and contribute to a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to successfully deliver products and projects on time and within budget
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to interact with customers successfully
- Experience working with the F404 and/or F414 products and customers
- Lean/Six Sigma training
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers c
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support