Repair Development Materials Application Lead Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Activities aimed at proving a concept to be valid or technically feasible by the application of scientific and engineering methodologies. Work in this family typically has the objective of demonstrating through test or analyses the performance and implementation potential of a concept
Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand and apply technical requirements from engine manuals, repair documents, specifications and engineering drawings that impact materials and processes and provide guidance to multidisciplinary teams
- Define and substantiate material and process selections on new repairs & changes to repairs
- Evaluate, compare and obtain property data to guide material selection for component improvements
- Evaluate impacts to material characteristics for initial part qualifications, subsequent process changes and repairs
- Research component history and material properties to apply lessons learned from field experience, manufacturing evolutions, and development programs
- Perform metallurgical evaluations of engine run hardware and manufacturing issues
- Document and communicate investigation results through technical reports and presentations
- Identify Materials and Process technology gaps and propose solutions for component durability or future designs
- Conceptual or theoretical activities related to translating users' needs into the definition of a system, its architecture and design through an iterative process that results in an effective operational system and demands an interdisciplinary approach.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 3 years related engineering experience
- B.S, M.S. or PhD degree in Materials Engineering, Materials Science or Metallurgy from an accredited college or university
- Familiarity or research in the following competencies:
- Nickel/cobalt base superalloys, Ceramic coatings
- Processes (e.g. casting, forging, heat treating, brazing, welding, coating,)
- Characterization (Scanning electron microscopy, metallography, hardness, fractography)
- Experience with manufacturing, quality systems or component field support
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously, strategically prioritize work
- A self-starter with an eye on problem solving and driving solutions
- Proven facilitation and collaboration skills in multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status pr
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support