Product Support Engineer-Hardware Module Owner
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance to operators, maintainers and field service engineers in troubleshooting CT7 Turboshaft engine hardware issues.
- Further enhance the reputation of GE and the product in the field through superior technical support by developing expertise on assigned hardware.
- Own Change in Design (CID) authorship/approver for Product Support for assigned engine hardware.
- Establish and maintain Leading Indicator plans for assigned CT7 engine hardware working with CT7 depots.
- Participate in CT7 Hardware scrap reviews.
- Participate on NPI programs to enhance assigned engine hardware performance, durability, maintainability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction. Provide support to Engineering for development of NPI solution.
- Develop and own Weibuls for assigned CT7 engine hardware for the Maintenance Cost Models.
- Provide prompt and detailed communication of engine hardware issues both externally and internally.
- Participate as team member on field event investigations for assigned hardware.
- Maintain assigned hardware sections of both the CT7 Engine Maintenance and Shop manuals.
- Continuously assist operators and depots in interpretation of engine manuals for assigned hardware.
- Author engine manual corrections/revisions and service bulletins for assigned hardware
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university or college and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical environment, or an associate degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college and a minimum of 6 years of experience in a technical environment.
- Previous turbine engine or aircraft experience strongly recommended
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time.
- Six Sigma training or quality training
- Knowledge of various support service groups: Repair Engineering, Tech Pubs, and Support Equipment.
- Ability to motivate and influence individuals and teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to interact with customers successfully
- PC Proficiency
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support