Lead PLC Control Software Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
GE Additive includes additive machine brands Concept Laser and Arcam EBM, along with additive powder supplier AP&C. At GE Additive, we continue to work every day to bring the transformative power of advanced manufacturing to businesses around the globe.
Through our own extensive experience incorporating additive technologies into our production process, we recognize the value and possibilities it brings to modern design and manufacturing challenges.
We are seeking a Control Software Engineer to help develop next-generation additive manufacturing machines for GE Additive. This role will work with software, hardware, research, and external partner engineering and business teams to define and develop differentiated GE Additive machines for GE Additive business. Utilize your experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and
execute objectives, and help change how the world designs, builds, produces, and
consumes everything! Are you looking for a role that you can help shape the future?
Let's redefine what's possible together!
As a Control Software Engineer, you will
- Participate and reinforce sound agile development practices (backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint reviews).
- Lead control software design including controller gain tuning, software architecture design, stability analysis, sensing and control stacks, etc.
- Lead hardware in the loop software testing and validation to ensure design meets design intent and software requirements.
- Develop and maintain machine simulation and CI/CD pipelines to enable rapid development, test and deployment.
- Collaborate closely with engineering architecture, software requirements and quality teams to plan, package, and deliver software for our customers and users.
- Collaborate with quality assurance on verification and validation plans to ensure control software design is fully validated.
- Collaborate with product management, systems engineering, and requirements engineering to develop and decompose un-ambiguous software requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Three years of experience with software, electrical, and controls design; or two years of postgraduate experience, and internship experience in related field.
- Strong written technical communication and documentation skills
- Experience in the field of additive manufacturing.
- Experience decomposing requirements from higher level systems/product requirements, implementing designs to meet requirements, and verifying design against requirements.
- Experience with electric motors and drives, feedback control systems, and signal processing.
- Experience programming programmable logic controllers (PLCs) with a preference on the B&R plc platform.
- Experience with modern agile software development tools (Github, Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira).
- Experienced in motion control and knowledge of high precision motion control systems
- Experienced controlling 3 phase motors using VFDs
- Experienced controlling DC motors using PWM control
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 3 May 2022
Closes 1 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Air traffic control