Welder - 3rd Shift
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Hooksett, New Hampshire, United States
Job Description Role and Responsibilities Job Tasks May Include:
- Perform various weld processes (GTAW, Resistance) in various positions, automated welding, fabrication, etc., techniques and operations to a variety of metals such as stainless, Inco, cobalt, etc., and size variations to include .188-2.25" diameters/.028-.049" wall thicknesses, of tubing, fittings, and fabricated parts to produce aircraft engine hardware.
- Set up and maintain associated equipment, tools, turntables, etc., to produce parts to aircraft quality specifications in accordance with drawings, layouts, mylars, blueprints, and/or written instructions.
- Perform intermediate mathematical calculations; use precision gages/inspection measuring equipment, borescopes, fixturing, etc.; and interpret weld/fabrication/mechanical blueprints, sketches, layouts, engineering specifications and/or drawings, etc., to determine required weld and fabrication set-ups and operations to produce precision hardware.
- Set up and maintain equipment and tools.
- Performing related environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality, continuous improvement, production-flow job duties to support plant machinery, equipment, and manufacturing-related initiatives and programs.
- Training duties.
- Maintaining detailed job task documentation, reports, and records.
- High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 2-years of experience in precision weld-fabrication disciplines; Or
- Associate degree or Technical Certificate in weld-fabrication related field from an accredited college.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the set -up and operation of G as Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG ) tools and equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the set -up and operation of Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG), brazing, soldering, automated welding tools and equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in mechanical/weld/fabrication blueprint reading and interpretation.
- Experience in use of various precision gages, measuring tools and equipment such as, micrometers, dial calipers, height gages, special fixturing, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in fabrication-related disciplines.
- Demonstrated use of oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining relationships by recognizing needs and sensitivities of others, and cooperating and resolving conflicts that inspire the Team in achieving objectives and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability in receiving guidance and supervision, following work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meeting deadlines; and punctuality and attendance standards.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 3 May 2022
Closes 1 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Fabricator