Advanced Lead Engineer - Advanced Programs Military Jet Engine Mechanical Design
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The N&DP AP - Mechanical Design Advanced Lead Engineer will contribute to the mechanical design and development of GE's Edison Works new product offerings. Responsibilities will focus on the execution of conceptual design trades with the intent to drive future test and qualification of assigned hardware. As a an Advanced Lead Engineer, you will lead design efforts with guidance from experienced team leads & technical experts in a mission-based team environment. Opportunities to collaborate with and direct small team and cross-functional efforts will develop through the maturation of the design.
Teams in the Advanced Programs space are fueled by a passion for aviation and a sense of purpose to support our military customers. We solve hard problems by pulling concepts from the science & technology realm into the world of applied engineering. Whether it's composites design, aeromechanics, additive manufacturing, manufacturing support or test - this role is a guaranteed opportunity to grow your skillset. The harder the problem the harder we push, building on a legacy of engineering excellence to invent the future of flight.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work will be largely mechanical design focused but require incorporation & trades for other advanced technology elements
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline, experience, and analytical thinking to execute policy/strategy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; be aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Under guidance of your Team Lead, use judgment and propose different solutions to address more complicated processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles. Use technical experience and analytical thinking. Draw from multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
- Act as a focal for colleagues with less experience. Lead small projects with determined risks and resource requirements. Explain information & develop skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- 3 years of experience in a mechanical design engineering position.
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance at the Secret level.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze & solve technical design challenges with sound documentation, planning, & program management skills.
- Experience with finite element analysis software such as ANSYS and 3D modelling software such as NX Unigraphics.
- Strong track record of ability to work in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, passionate, and exceptional communication skills.
- Experience with structural component design.
- Holding an existing US Government Security Clearance
- Experience with engine/aircraft maintainability and reliability
- Experience with design quality assurance
- Demonstrated success Mentoring less-experienced colleagues to develop technical acumen and leadership
- Demonstrated success guiding and influencing problem-solving efforts
- Experience working with DoD customer and processes
- Experience working in DoD EVM projects
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally
- Full time
Posted 1 May 2022
Closes 30 May 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic