Lead Engineer - Thermal Dynamics
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conceptual or theoretical activities about the relation between heat and mechanical energy or work, and the conversion of one into the other: modern thermodynamics deals with the properties of systems for the description of which temperature is a necessary coordinate.
Includes Heat transfer that is the science on the exchange of thermal energy between physical systems, depending on the temperature and pressure, by dissipating heat.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with mentorship. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with shown interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal mentorship to new team members
- Ph D / MTech / MS in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering or equivalent degree
- 4-6 years of relevant experience on thermal design/analyses in gas turbine domain
- In-depth understanding of Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Turbomachines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Design, analysis and testing experience in turbo machinery.
- Exposure to aircraft engine architectures and design process.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems.
- Exposure to Computational fluid dynamics domain
- Established project management skills
GE is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 28 Apr 2022
Closes 27 May 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager
Recommended, similar jobs
Greater London, England