Senior Safety Engineer-Aviation Products; Hybrid Work Schedule
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide customer-focused engagement on product performance to improve our customer scores
- Identify best practices for problem solving and work to implement with the Supply Chain, Engineering, and Program/Project Management teams
- Liaise between Engineering and Supply Chain to support supplier selection during development. This includes streamlining/defining the process for flow down of Engineering requirements to suppliers.
- Work across business units to introduce most appropriate and common project management tools & processes to drive efficiencies and cost savings
- Provide strategic technical leadership for Certification, Safety, and Quality on key technical acquisitions and development programs
- Ensure robust product transition from Design to Production and continued airworthiness
- Integrate with the Failure Review Boards to drive key engineering actions necessary to drive root cause closure
- Deliver Certification regulatory training to internal GE customers as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading global initiative programs
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in leadership, manufacturing, new product launch and/or hardware design
- Demonstrated competency in using standard project management tools
- Ability to successfully facilitate multiple / large teams or projects to meet project deliverables
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and leadership skills
- Proven ability to analyze data to identify processes improvements
- Executive level presentation skills
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- And more!
This position may be eligible for the following flexible work arrangements (FWA):
- Hybrid work schedule (i.e. onsite 3 days per week/remote 2 days per week)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 28 Apr 2022
Closes 27 May 2022
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager