Advanced Lead Engineer - Systems Engineering
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Systems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the user's needs. The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
This role impacts departmental operations and is responsible for execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within the systems engineering discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for developing experience and contributing to the systems engineering efforts across GE's Common Core Systems based on IMA technologies. This role has accountability for assigned systems engineering duties for the IMA product line.
- Conducts component and product integration. All activities that span multiple components and products and are concerned with how to integrate for maximum performance and operability. Manages product and systems requirements, specifications and flow down. Drives validation and verification activities for the overall product/system, including system level testing. Responsible for defining product requirements for the module / component / subcontractors and partners teams. Manages interface between components and execution organizations.
- Responsible for driving CTQ / Risk trades within the teams designing the system. Manages the overall product configuration and configuration control system.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the GE IMA technical solution and systems engineering discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Drive and support engineering reuse within the IMA product line.
- Ensure timely delivery of systems requirements, integrated validation/verification activities, and issue resolution.
- Assist interdisciplinary collaboration with software, hardware, test, safety, maintainability, reliability and certification teams.
- Escalate issues that need additional engineering or business leadership assistance in a timely manner. A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- At least 6 years of experience in design & development within a technical engineering product development environment.
- Prior experience designing within an Avionics Design Assurance Level A Environment
- DO-297, ARP 4754A, DO-178, DO-254 and/or DO-330 process assurance experience
- Experience with engineering processes including requirements definition, requirements allocation, requirements validation, requirements verification, integration, embedded software, electronic systems, FAA/EASA/NAA certification, and system safety.
- Able to communicate directly with senior leadership inside and outside the company.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in development, integration, validation and verification of systems.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insuranc
- Full time
Posted 25 Apr 2022
Closes 24 May 2022
This job was posted to: Product support