Military Jet Engine Oil System Design - Lead Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Executing, with guidance, the design of the engine oil system using sound fluid dynamics principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- Coordinate with senior engineers to develop and recommend approaches to meet the technical and program requirements
- Develop action plans to respond to issues/ problems
- Implement plans to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems
- Participate in technical and program meetings as a contributor or presenter
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical, Aero, or other similar degree
- At least 3 years of experience of fluid dynamics and/or heat transfer or design engineering experience
- Must be a US citizen and hold or be able to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance
- Existing US Government security clearance
- Experience in jet engine, or other, oil system design
- Experience and/or proficiency in CFD analysis or similar flow modeling tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 25 Apr 2022
Closes 24 May 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager