Senior Project Manager - Commercial
- easyJet - 47 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
The Senior Project manager role has accountability for driving the delivery of strategic projects and benefits within the aligned business domain. Responsible for ensuring projects outcomes and agreed measures are achieved (time, cost, quality, value) the role will work with senior stakeholders to improve overall business performance. Leading a team of Project Managers, the Senior Project Manager will have responsibility for both standalone projects within the easyJet enterprise portfolio and for specific work-streams/projects within larger programmes that impact their domain. D emand management, recruitment and resource planning will be part of the role, along with ensuring best practice Project Management standards are upheld.
The role reports into the Portfolio Delivery Lead.
- Holds overall responsibility for delivery of change across their domain to the agreed schedule, within timescales and to budget for domain area
- Leads and develops a high performing team of Project Managers from recruitment, ongoing performance management and Talent Management within the team.
- Own resource management or the allocation of Project Managers across the assigned domain portfolio ensuring an accurate Demand and Capacity Plan is in place.
- Supports effective triage of all new work requests, understanding the request in the context of the business area supported, recommending the appropriate pathway and methodology
- Works to enhance knowledge of best-in-class practices in change and project delivery and contribute to a change delivery centre of excellence with a focus on continuous improvement
- Defines and manages the project resource requirements working with resource owners in both driving and enabling business functions
- Works effectively with internal stakeholders and third-party suppliers to identify delivery timescales and prioritisation calls required where appropriate
- Works with wider stakeholders to ensure the Delivery Management framework is adhered to consistently. Champion the use of the appropriate framework, tools, processes, and guidance by the easyJet Delivery and Change team
- Identify and apply the methodology(s) deemed to be most appropriate/effective to manage the project(s)
- Delive rs integrated change projects (people, process, technology) with a relentless focus on delivering the business outcomes and defined benefits in line with the business case
- Work closely with the Business Lead to achieve appropriate sponsorship, governance, stakeholder support and engagement
- Ensures projects have clear structure, deliverables, milestones, workstreams, dependencies, risk and control framework are in place and that roles and responsibilities are deemed and understood and issues are resolved with the right people
- Identifies learnings and root causes, and supports their use to drive effective and efficient delivery of future initiatives
- Full time
Posted 20 Apr 2022
Closes 20 May 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager