Sourcing Lean Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Essential Responsibilities :
- Define lean standards and manage processes that enable lean implementation in both business transactions and the fulfillment of products and services within GE Aviation
- Influencing organizational metrics and coaching to prioritize safety, people, quality, delivery, and cost,
- Ensuring that lean principles are being applied with the right goal in mind: Respect for people and continuous improvement.
- Serve as a champion, coach, mentor for change by influencing and guiding leadership and teams to better understand and adopt lean principles, problem-solving methodologies, ultimately fostering a culture of continuous improvement and servant leadership.
- Challenging the organization by asking guiding questions, supporting teams as they test hypotheses, and creating an environment which values "try-storming" to maximize speed to desired impact
- Continuous development of lean strategy within Sourcing
- Utilize change management and collaboration skills to lead change across the organization
- Prepare for and facilitate kaizen events- coaching on charter, goals, targets, and specific tools necessary for the kaizen
- Work across the organizational matrix to understand strategy/vision and translate to business process improvement in Sourcing
- Continue to develop and execute (virtual and in-person) lean training plan for Sourcing organization
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of experience in teaching, coaching, practicing, and applying lean methods (i.e. VSM, Cell design, 3P,TPM, 5S, kaizen, standard work, leader standard work, problem solving, Kanban and lean transformations) and/or 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain
- Lean experience in manufacturing and/or business processes
- Application-based understanding of lean and related continuous improvement methods (Six Sigma, TPM, TPS, etc.)
- Experience with Value Stream Mapping (Material & Information Flow Chart)
- Skilled in use of data analytics and tools
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to operate at multiple organizational levels
- Leading cross-functional teams / influencing horizontally
- Willingness to challenge the status quo & overcome resistance
- Managing conflict
- Demonstrated ability to manage change, execute projects and deliver results
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid business acumen with substantial leadership experience
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 18 Apr 2022
Closes 17 May 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager