- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rutland, Illinois, United States
The Safety Leader will:
- Conduct learning teams in response to safety events and conduct/validate accident investigations to determine root cause and proactive solutions.
- Perform safety audits in support of compliance assurance activities, including internal audits and provide recommendations to improve audit scores
- Provide tactical issue resolution.
- Work closely with operations team to identify and address safety & health issues related to site operations, equipment and site design, installation, and commissioning.
- Lead training strategy, provide training materials, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Assist with safety & ergonomic program implementation, identify gaps, and provide guidance on improvement opportunities.
- Assure site meets all regulatory obligations for employee, and building safety
- Manage hourly Safety & Ergonomic Specialists.
- Ensure that all employees are informed of, comprehend, and comply with safety policies and procedures as well as local regulations
- Assist with preparing for unannounced audits and inspections by government entities, including but not limited to federal, state, or local municipalities
- Manage OSHA incident and injury reporting within specified guidelines, including the management of the Workers' Compensation Program within the team
- Experience in manufacturing, ergonomics, VPP, and working with safety consultants and contractors a plus
- Ensure that all EHS training is up to date for all personnel,
- Assist with accident investigations and analyze root causes to determine and implement safety measures which prevent future incidents
- Manage employee safety certifications to ensure compliance
- Other leadership responsibilities as required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with a minimum of 4 years EHS experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in safety and health.
Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
Industrial hygiene knowledge
Strong knowledge of OSHA regulations.
Background working with Musculoskeletal Disorders, ergonomic injury prevention programs
Ability to prepare accurate reports containing findings and recommendations
Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy under time sensitive deadlines
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 15 Jan 2022
Closes 13 Feb 2022
This job was posted to: Health and safety