IT Architect and Java Backend Developer (m/f/divers) - for the Crew Briefing in the Lufthansa Group
- Lufthansa - 334 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Raunheim, Hessen, Germany
We develop individual applications & support the Lufthansa Group airlines in software development & operation of the crew management systems.
In the Crew Briefing, the crews of the flight operations in the Lufthansa Group are provided with all relevant information for flight operations.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- You will develop and document concepts for the further development of the crew management landscape with a focus on the crew briefing in cooperation with the specialist departments
- In addition to the conceptual design, you will also be responsible for the Java-based development and operation of the briefing applications within an agile development team.
- You will work directly with the product owners using agile methods and form a link between the functional requirements of the cabin and cockpit departments of the airlines in the Lufthansa Group.
Dr. Eckart Wallis
Head of Crew Management Systems
Lufthansa Systems GmbH & Co. KG
E-mail address for inquiries
Old-age provision / employee retirement, Free parking, Lufthansa shares, Flight privileges, Canteen (subsidized by employer), Jobticket, Service phone, Discounts / shopping, Part-time models, Hybrid working possible, Flexible working hours, Child friendly
Behind the scenes
Exciting IT projects
The team is located in the heart of Lufthansa flight operations with a fantastic view over the Frankfurt Airport runways. We offer an informal, open and modern environment in a collegial team with exciting IT projects and modern technologies.
Take off with us!
- Completed studies in computer science, business informatics or similar.
- > 3 years of relevant work experience
- Very good knowledge in Java(-backend) development as well as in the area of software architecture & security concepts
- Good knowledge in the creation & support of Linux- or cloud-based applications (Microsoft Azure)
- Very good knowledge in the area of release management & software update processes
- Extensive experience in the commissioning of complex systems as well as their operation & maintenance
- Knowledge of the agile tools Confluence & Jira
- Experience with agile development methods
- Ability for interdisciplinary cooperation, as well as distinct service orientation
- Enthusiasm, initiative & professional handling of tight timelines
- Strong analytical & conceptual thinking skills
- Good presentation skills of complex issues
- Very good written & spoken German & English skills
About Lufthansa Systems GmbH & Co. KG
Lufthansa Systems GmbH & Co KG is a leading airline IT provider. Based on long-term project experience, a deep understanding of complex business processes and strong technological know-how, the company provides consulting and IT services for the global aviation industry. Over 350 airlines worldwide rely on the know-how of IT specialists at Lufthansa Systems. Its portfolio covers innovative IT products and services which provide added value for its customers in terms of enhanced efficiency, reduced costs or increased profits. Headquartered in Raunheim near Frankfurt/Main, Germany, Lufthansa Systems has offices in 16 other countries.
- Full time
Posted 13 Jan 2022
Closes 12 Feb 2022
This job was posted to: Cabin crew manager