Senior Finance Manager - Transactions
- easyJet - 40 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don't intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better by:
- Maintaining significant liquidity of £2.9 billion and an investment-grade balance sheet, having raised more than £5.5 billion during the pandemic
- Our schedule remains focused on positive contribution flying
- We continue to deliver on our major restructuring and cost reduction programme, which will support improved margins and reduce seasonality for the future. (We are expecting the programme to deliver around £500 million in savings in 2021 with almost half of that being sustainable)
We want you to play a part in this and #belongherewithus.
easyJet is a successful FTSE 250 company. Transactions (processing c£5.5bn of transactions a year) are critical to easyJet's success and the function has grown in terms of volume and complexity as the business has expanded. The team consists of a team of 19 people.
Reporting into the Head of Financial Transactions and working with other key business leads, overseeing the Banking, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable function with particular focus on the transformation of these departments from inception to completion.
- Deliver the planning, financial management and oversee day to day running of the transformation project
- Leading the Banking, AP and AR team in providing robust working capital enhancements
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Lead the team thru 2 direct reports and wider team 20
- Responsible for day to day leadership of the Transactions management team, ensuring that working capital is maximised whilst maintaining a strong control environment.
- Responsible for ensuring that weekly payment runs, and month end processes are well managed and controlled
- Lead and prepare papers for transformation steerco
- Process re-engineering by optimizing the end-to-end P2P processes including supplier/credit terms rationalisation
- Key escalation point for any issues with suppliers both externally and within the business
- Ownership of transactions cashflow forecast for weekly, monthly and yearly for AP/AR including commentary for Senior Finance team
- Delivery of accurate, complete & timely financial and management reporting, including tracking and insight into key performance metrics
- Consider wider implications of P2P processes including accounting considerations.
- Making recommendations for change to process; project manage and delivery of certain ad-hoc finance projects.
- Support in continuous improvement systems projects to develop financial transactional systems; acting as the business owner alongside the IT development team for end user impact
- Leading change and improvement projects within Financial Transactions. Helping to drive key IT/Agresso related continuous improvement and lean initiatives
- Education of the easyJet business to ensure compliance with key financial processes
- Developing a strong working relationship with the wider Finance teams to support accurate and timely payments
- Providing leadership, management and development to the team
- Ensuring you have the right level of people capability to deliver for current and future business requirements and build on easyJet's succession and talent priorities.
- Full time
Posted 12 Jan 2022
Closes 11 Feb 2022
This job was posted to: Airline finance