Data Engineering Technical Lead
- easyJet - 44 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don't intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better - and we want you to play a part in that and #belongherewithus.
We know that flexibility, balance and wellbeing are more important than ever right now. Whether that's working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - we are always #happytotalkflex.
Working in a dynamic environment, the Data Engineering Technical Lead is responsible for the technical design of data solutions and platforms within the IT estate, adhering to enterprise standards and best practice. The role works closely with enterprise architects, technical architects, solution architects, business analysts, engineers and project managers to deliver IT change that meets the needs of projects and programmes within easyJet's enterprise portfolio.
- Serve as the technical expert responsible for designing production-grade Data solutions, serving the myriad of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive use-cases across the core business functions, Data Science and Analytics.
- Champion the distributed data platform and drive Data Product adoption, ensuring the data assets are catalogued to enable consumers to understand what is available, where they exist and how to gain easy access to data.
- Direct line management of some of the Data Engineers and Senior Data Engineers (1-2-1's, goal-setting, coaching).
- Provides direction and ownership over multiple engineer's work. Role will be partially hands-on, helping engineers in setting up applications, code-reviews or being involved in project prototyping.
- Accountable for preparing and maintaining design artefacts for IT Data Engineering solution designs, including AS-IS, TO-BE and transitional states, guaranteeing they meet the functional and non-functional requirements: exhibiting high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability.
- Responsible for verifying requirements, defining the Data Engineering components, developing an implementation and QA approach, providing thought leadership for all data solutions.
- Collaborate with peer groups (Technical Architects and Senior Data Engineers) to define and govern technical standards, design patterns, innovations, frameworks and tooling, ensure adherence to broader enterprise standards.
- Support the Data Architect to shape the future of the data domain and aid in landing new "data" capabilities into BAU - considering people, process and technology.
- Support solution architects in the creation of end-to-end design architecture. Accountable for the related technical design and any amendments resulting from Technical Design Assurance (TDA).
- Partner with key business stakeholders to identify existing or future exploitable opportunities to drive business value.
- Work with onshore and offshore development teams as required and partner with Data Science and Analytics to deliver end-to-end data product solutions.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes and optimising data solution delivery; monitor the adoption where applicable. (e.g. QA Automation)
- Support the development of individual engineers through mentoring and guiding them through development techniques such as paired programming and test-driven development.
- Participation in project inception; support requirements and scoping to identify Data Engineering's involvement, input into the implementation and testing approach.
- Deputise for the Data Engineering technology manager when not available.
- Produce IT Data Product roadmaps, ensuring technical features along with technical debt items are captured, prioritised and picked-up in future sprints.
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED
- Stakeholder management skills at all levels.
- Able to build deep relationships with key customer IT decision-makers and relevant business decision-makers
- Practical experience of owning and defining technical solutions together with presenting them in technical forums.
- Complex problem-solving ability; structured, organised, process-driven and outcome-oriented
- Passion for being a hands-on techie, be the bar-raiser and inspire those around you.
- Forward-thinking; comfortable applying historical experiences with future innovations to solve problems - taking the team and stakeholders on the journey to the target vision.
- Methodical, logical and flexible in
- Full time
Posted 10 Jan 2022
Closes 9 Feb 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager